Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NINTENDO!

Well. Quite the presentation at E3 today. Quite the presentation. First of all you have some wicked looking games like Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country, which were really cool. Second, you have the new Zelda game. And third, the 3DS!!! If you haven't already watched the presentation just click right here. And trust me, you want to watch the presentation before reading some fourteen year old kid blog about it.

Okay. Goldeneye is a little iffy. It looks pretty cool, don't get me wrong. But I just hope they don't change too much and keep it's gameplay, and over all feel, somewhat close to the original. The new Donkey Kong Country looks good. I think New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Has really started a trend of games with retro gameplay, but updated graphics. Both of these games look like they're going to be great and I'm very excited.

Ah. the new Zelda game. I am actually... Kind of skeptical. For me the Zelda franchise has been getting bland for me. I liked the original, I thought A Link To The Past was an absolute masterpiece, and I loved Ocarina of Time. But what did we have after that? Majora's mask? Meh. Wind Waker? Decent, but kind of lacking. Twilight Princess? Yuck. Apparently some people really enjoyed it. I was not one of those people. It's just so unoriginal! I hope they put more effort into the story for this one. The graphics for this one are nice looking too. Kind of cartoonie.

The 3DS looks awesome. Really awesome. I was blown away. I love the fact that you'll be able to watch 3D movies and take 3D pictures. Still. 3D games are definitely the coolest feature. Apparently there is going to be a Mario Cart 3D, an Ocarina of Time rerelease, Resident Evil, Assassins Creed, and a bunch more awesome games. It seems like it's going to do everything! I just hope that it doesn't mess with you're eyes.

The last thing I want to talk about today is the Kid Icarus game coming to the 3DS. I never really got into the kid Icarus game for NES but this one looks good. I think it's cool that they're releasing another game even though the last Kid Icarus game came out in 1986. Bottom line is I was really impressed with Nintendo's presentation this year and I'm really psyched for most of this stuff.

Thanks for Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment