Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Drawn 2: Dark Flight Review

Drawn 2: Dark Flight is an Adventure/Puzzle game that aims to bridge the gap between Hardcore and Casual gamers. Featuring stylish graphics, an interesting story, a great sound track and excellent gameplay, this game definitely ups the ante for downloadable PC games. The cutscenes and voice acting are on the verge of cheesy sometimes, but that barely takes anything away from the game as a whole.



First of all, I want to point out that they do a fantastic job of making the game for casual as well as hardcore gamers, even though it does lean a bit more to casual gamers. I left it open on the computer and was going to come back to it in a few hours, but when I returned I saw that my Mom had started her own game and had gotten pretty far. She said  that she liked the play without time limits and that you can't die. She also liked the graphics and so do I.

The graphics are very pretty. There is a wide variety of art styles depending on what you're doing. For instance, at certain points you will enter paintings, paper cutouts, pop-up books, and much more. The dark atmosphere combined with the ominous sounding, completely original musical score does exactly what they're trying to do, they give you the feeling you're being pursued.

The gameplay is essentially all click-based dragging and dropping to solve puzzles, the puzzles can get very hard. Luckily, they have a great hint system. You get small tips and suggestions, and then you get full on, step by step instructions if you've been stuck for a while. Another feature that really pulls in the casual gamers (like Mom).



So bottom line is that this is a great game. This is a genre that I don't like very often, but this game really pulled me in. Out of the handful of PC games I've played this is by far the best. So no matter what kind of a gamer you are I would highly recommend checking this game out.

Before I go I'd like to give a BIG thanks to Tara Robertson that's letting me guest-post on her blog and giving me the opportunity to play this game before it came out so I could review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment